I wanted to do a post-Christmas-post or a post-New Year’s-post or at least a post-post-post… Maybe that went over some people’s heads. LOL! OKAY!… On to bigger and better things!
Christmas:
We had a really great Christmas celebration. We enjoy making our own family traditions come to life. We are getting better and better at the whole shebang every year. We like to celebrate our religious holidays a little low key so that we can enjoy it without drowning out the purpose of our festivities. For instance, our kids only get one present from Santa and one present from Mom & Dad on Christmas. Stockings consist of a piece or two of fruit and a favorite candy bar, and this year they each got a $0.50 child’s book. For dinner I roasted a chicken and made whole potatoes and cooked carrots and some other things that I can’t remember. Santa left both kids motorized, toddler-sized four wheel bikes (DH was bugging the big man for them, but I think the kids are happy that he did… they both love them :-D).
New Year’s Day:
New Year’s Eve we were privleged to help a family member move. Afterward, the kids had a fun filled evening at Grandma ‘Nette’s house while Marcio and I joined his brother Rodrigo for dinner and a couple of games. The best part of the evening, for me, was the countdown which culminated in the biggest mess we could make in their living room. It was fun.
Jordan’s Birthday:
Marcio and I had a really difficult time figuring out Jordan’s birthday activity. We kept changing our minds and worrying that we weren’t going to get things together in time. We finally realized that she would probably just like somewhere to play. We went to the mall to let the kids play on the indoor playground for a long time. Then we let the kids ride on a variety of the coin-slot rides that were nearby to the tune of a whopping $2.75 (and they had pleanty of turns). We finished off by visiting Deseret Book Store and letting them each pick out a $0.50 picture to take home. It really was a success. I guess I better be careful to make sure my princess doesn’t become a mall rat. ;-D
Wendy’s Baby Shower:
The next big January event was Wendy’s baby shower. I was worried that I wouldn’t pull something very great off, but it turned out really well and she got quite a few really important things to help take care of her new baby boy. We chose the colors baby blue and chocolate brown and a polka-dot theme for the whole thing. It turned out really cute and we save a lot of money by being creative with the things we had and could find.
Wendy’s Baby:
Two days later she went into labor, but she didn’t have the baby until three days after that. He is a precious and cute little baby boy named Enoch. My children are quite taken with him and like to talk about him. They both ask to hold him, but are ready to give him back almost before he is really on their laps. It makes me chuckle. Caio told me that he would like a baby of his own, but that he will always like Jordan better. Where do kids come up with this stuff? LOL!
Looking Forward:
Right now I am looking forward to the coming month. Our stake is going to have a special temple night and Stake Conference. I am actually really excited for the whole thing. Marcio and I are also planning to enter a submission into our ward’s film festival in March. Winners will be selected to represent our ward in the stake’s film festival a month later. We have already been hashing out some ideas and we are excited to see how it turns out. We are also planning a trip to the ocean (thus the temporary beach backdrop). It will be the kids’ first. Caio keeps saying that he wants to build sand castles and walk along the beach and play in the water. I guess there must be a lot of ocean themes on PBS ;-D. It looks like there may be some videos/pictures to share later on down the road.
Until then!
-Ginger




No comments:
Post a Comment