The conference this weekend was SO GREAT! I really learned a lot and (for those of you who know about the method of homeschooling that I am looking at) I decided that I want to begin my 5 pillars training. My husband asked me what I thought the bennefit of that would be and when I got through telling him, he said that he liked that idea so much that he is going to begin the 5 pillars training with me. I thought that was so cool.
While we were there, durring a Q&A period there was a dad that got up and said that if they changed the name to Thomas Jefferson Education Institute he thought that more dads would be interested in learning about it because instead of calling it T.J. Ed. for short you could call it T-Jedi. Everyone laughed and later Dr. Demille (spelling?) referred to it as that too.
I was so inspired. I decided that I have to work on sollidifying some of my core before my baby is old enough to be negatively influenced by it (i.e. better work ethic and no grumbling and stuff like that). I also am going to work on my 5 pillar education (as I said before). We are also going to throw ourselves into getting out of deabt ASAP! I want to actively search out my callings in life and begin working on those things. Also, I met some people who live really close by and one of them has a baby my baby's age and her husband served in Brazil on his mission and he is from Mexico. I don't know, for me this is really great so that I can begin making contacts close to home.
I know that I still haven't put pictures up, but I will put all of them up at once one of these days. We took more pictures on our trip this weekend. Mostly we forgot to until we were in the hotel or the car, so most of the pictures have a similar theme :-) but they are still very cute and stuff.
We also stopped by Bryce Canyon National Park on the way home and got some really great pictures there too. I will put those up as well.
My baby did so well on the trip, but I still feel like I am recovering. For one thing he didnt let me sleep very much (but that wasn't completely his fault, so I am not counting it as such). Everything was so great. I really am afraid that I am going to start getting really preachy about this whole thing because it is just that good.
New-New-Newest Beginnings
2 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment