Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"But I'm back again," said Nora...

....with a monumental crash!!!

That is the final line of one of my favorite books from when I was a kid (Noisy Nora for those interested).

Well... I finally have my computer back! Woo-Hoo!!! These last few weeks have been a whirl wind. Our first week in our new home CJ was sick--REALLY SICK. The first couple of days he was vomiting horribly and was constantly becoming feverish. Then as we were gaining controll over that he began coughing really badly and he was battling congestion. Those two things together made it so that he was almost always struggling to breath and a couple of times we were afraid he wouldn't be able to breath at all. It also interfered with nursing and sleeping and he was vomiting a lot again, but this time it was because of how much he was choking just to try and breath. When we called the doctor we were told to give him baby tylenol with a decongestant and cough suppressant. That helped with the cough and cold, but then my baby started getting hives all over his body (it began feeling like some kind of sick joke--I was so near tears all of the time). We think that he is allergic to the red #40 dye found in the medicine. The hives were HUGE and all over his face and legs, arms, torso.... well, EVERYWHERE!!! This time the doctor was a little more worried and said that we needed to get him some dye-free benedryl. Anyway. Long story short: we then were giving my baby dye-free benedryl, cough suppressant and spraying saline sollution up his nose for the rest of the nightmare. Luckily enough this is all well past us now.
Today we went for CJ's 4 month doctor appointment and he is doing really well still. My doctor is still rather impressed with Caio's strength and activity levels. The doctor asked if CJ rolled over any more since the 2 month appointment. He has only done it one more time (from front to back, this time, in our new home). He seemed so scared afterward that he got really upset if we put him on his belly anymore. Before this we had been giving him tummy time almost everyday and he was scooting across the floor. Oh, Well! I guess we'll just be a little patient.
We still have more unpacking to do. Sunday is my birthday and my family is coming over to celebrate with us on Saturday so I have to try and get things ready so that I can feel all spiffy when they come to "check out my new 'pad'" and stuff. ;-) Also, Marcio is taking me to the ballet Friday night as his special present to me. I really can't wait!
Well, I really want to write so much more. I am so excited to be back online, but it is past my bedtime and my husband has fallen asleep on the floor next to me waiting for me to get up and go to bed, so I guess it is time to say goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the Caio is better and you are getting all settled in. Congratulations on the new place! It's good to "hear" from you.

Wendy said...

I am glad that Caio is feeling better! :-) Happy Birthday!