Sunday went really well. We went for a drive and I had chocolate covered strawberries (provided by my loving in-laws) and everything just went really well.
This is the week for birthdays. Mine, my brother's, and two nephews' birthdays all smashed together. Donald was born a couple days after my third birthday and for years I thought that he was my birthday present. I really love my two younger brothers a lot.
Some time in the middle of this week (and I don't really know when it started coming on because everything has been so busy, but I think it was in full swing by Wed.) CJ started getting sick again. He was coughing all the time and he had a fever of between 101 and 102 for over 24 hours. He has been more clingy than ever before in his little life, wanting me to hold him 24/7 and nurse him all the time and everything. At least he was more cuddly yesterday (it makes the clinginess easier to bear when he isn't as wiggly and is willing to snuggle up to me all the time). I love him more than most things I have ever loved in this life, but I have gotten very little sleep the last few days and I have had almost zero moments of alone time to recoup my sanity.
Today was my mother-in-law's and my brother-in-law's graduations from law school and accounting. It was really great, but really hard and long. Tonight, though, my mother-in-law has CJ for a little bit and Marcio is with them while I have time to catch up here, take a shower (which I just did) and just catch up with myself and have a little alone time before going to bed. I am so grateful for everything.
The biggest excitement of the day for me is the fact that we got a couple good pictures of Caio on the digital camera today while we were at the graduation and I will be able to put those up in the next couple of days. He really was doing better today for the most part and he was a GEM at the graduation ceremonies. I love that kid!!! I really want him to feel better and be happier (for all of our sanity).
Oh... Almost forgot!!!
CJ began rolling over purposefully on my birthday and has been doing it from time to time almost every day since. He gets all excited when he is doing it and giggles a lot. I love it!!!
The first time he did it, he rolled and then got all excited and did it again. He worked so hard to shift his lower half and then would lift his arm to gain momentum to swing the rest of him over. But after a while he got so excited that he forgot to work his lower half first and just kept lifting his arm with this huge grin on his face and looking around like he was waiting for something to happen. When nothing did he got a little frustrated and cranky, but we picked him up before he was really upset. It was just SO cute watching him lift his little arm up over and over again trying to get the momentum to get onto his back. LOL!!!
New-New-Newest Beginnings
2 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment