Tuesday, September 15, 2009

“Five More Minutes…”

Lately we have started some new routines in our home. Probably one of the bigger ones involves Caio starting pre-school. My sister runs a home-based preschool and offered free enrollment for CJ in exchange for me helping her kids learn some things that I can do. It has been interesting and fun, to say the least. He loves going and hanging out at his cousins’ house and never wants to come home when it is time to pick him up. There are seven kids in his class and two are cousins. The class is two days a week and lasts for two hours at a time. We have to get up earlier than he is used to so we can get Marcio to work on time and keep the car for the day. The funniest part is when I tried to wake him up the other day and told him it was time to get ready to go to school again. He held up his hand with his eyes shut tight and mumbled, “I am going to sleep for five more minutes, Mom!” and rolled over to go back to bed. Marcio had been over getting Jordan ready and he stopped to look at me and we both started laughing. Marcio responded, “I don’t know that he knows what one minute is, let alone five!”

We are starting a new Tuesday night tradition in our home (for now): Ginger will watch Biggest Loser at her sister’s house, and Marcio will stay home and read boring, three-thousand-page-long books about computer stuff. Believe it or not, we are BOTH excited about this. And we also feel like we are doing good by not taking away from the other person to do the things that we both want to do. (Speaking of Biggest Loser… I love watching it and I am SO EXCITED that tonight it starts a new season and I have watched all of the online pre-season premier episode stuff and I am SO HAPPY that Dan is coming back on and I think he is AWESOME and I can’t wait to see what kind of things go on this season except that I heard Jillian mention that there is someone who she thinks is “evil” {a lady} and I don’t want to see someone I think is bad because I just like being inspired by watching these people overcome really difficult stuff and become better and… WOW! I really am going on and on… Ok! Well… I should have put a TMI (too much info) alert. Let’s just say that this is my secret obsession lately and I love the show.)

Okay… Jordan is also getting so big and being so VERY cute. She really scares me because she watches me so closely and mimics so much of what I do. I worry that I am not a good enough roll model for her. I want so much more and better for her than what I am. The stuff that we catch her doing is so incredibly funny, though. She will take dolls and try to nurse them and change their diapers and wrap them in blankets and give them kisses and she will tell us that they are sleeping and talk to them. It kills me… she is a riot. She also speaks so much and so well (way more than CJ did at her age) and she is the biggest tease and thinks she is so funny (hmm… who does that remind me of???). She also LoVeS to torment Caio for fun and attention (poor caio) and we are constantly trying to figure out how to dissuade this particular trait.

Anyway, time runs away from me and I need to go. (((HUGS)))

-Ginger

No comments: