Last Friday I was on my home with my kids from the doctor’s office when my husband called and told me to take the kids right then to my mom’s house and get over to his work to meet Jillian Michaels. I know I mentioned it in a previous post, but I think she is so awesome and amazing and I would have loved to meet her, but I really couldn’t think of a single thing to say. Well, when Marcio met her, I guess he told her about me and she said that I should be there and asked why I wasn’t. He told her about the doctor and the kids and then he went away and called and told me to get over there. He said, “You’ll regret it if you don’t.” I didn’t know if I would or not, but I knew that I would probably have very little to regret if I did, so I left the kids with my mom and drove the short ten minutes to meet Jillian.
Jillian had told the employees that she wanted to meet anyone who wanted to come up. I guess there had been a long line, but by the time I got there it wasn’t that bad. I made my way to the back of the line and waited. Someone stood at the microphone at one point and said she only had about five more minutes. I was still nervous and unsure of exactly why I was there so I thought about leaving. I told Marcio that she would be gone before we reached her anyway. He convinced me to hang on and see what happened.
When we reached her she immediately recognized Marcio. She turned and looked at me and asked, “Is this my girl? I’m so glad you came!” Then she grabbed me and hugged me and then waited for me to say something. I knew for over a month that I really had nothing to say, so I just said that, “Hi. I don’t have anything to say.” She laughed, “That’s okay! You don’t have to say anything.” I responded, “Yeah, but, I feel pretty stupid, cause I don’t know what to say. But I think you are great and you inspire me. Thank you for everything you do.” At that point she stopped smiling for a second, “Wow! That was really sweet. You don’t have to say those things.” “I know,” I said, “but it’s true, and I mean it.” Then she asked a question that started us into a ten minute conversation. She asked for my email address and said that she really had to go, but she wanted to contact me later. I am so grateful that I had the chance to meet her. I can’t believe how blessed I was. When we got done talking I turned around to get my picture taken with my own camera and the pro photographer that was hired for the event, but I couldn’t tell which lenses were which, because all of these people had been listening in and started cheering and taking pictures with their own cameras (something that hadn’t happened with anyone else the whole day, I guess). When it was all over, even Marcio’s boss was asking why Jillian talked to his wife for so long. What can I say other than ‘WOW!!!’?
Marcio telling Jillian all about me.
Jillian taking time to talk. (*wow*)
Posing for the crowds!
I will try and get a few more photos (not as good) taken with my own camera later.







2 comments:
Wow! That's Awesome! I wanna hear more about it!
I am so happy that you were able to attend the event.
Post a Comment