Tonight during dinner, Caio dropped his fork on the floor. He gasped, “Oh, NO!! Mom! I lost my spoon!” Then he planted his hands on his cheeks and stared forlorn at his unfinnished food and moaned, “Now I’ll never eat my dinner!” Marcio and I could hardly contain our chuckles. Marcio told him to go get a clean one and he jumped up and put the dirty one in the dishes and retrieved a clean one from the drawer (all of which made him very happy).
One day he realized that Jordan was getting into something and he called out, “Oh, no, Mom! Jordan is getting into something!” “I’ll come and get her,” I sighed. “Don’t worry!” he commanded with full confidence, “Caio will save the day!!” I had never heard him say that before, but off he ran and pulled her out and shut the door to the room. He came back to inform me that he had saved the day and that he is my “super helper.” This has been a wonderful discovery, because there are many times that I have been able to remind him that I need a super helper (like when he is making huge messes and I need him to help pick up :-D).
A little over a week ago, he came up to me while I was getting Jordan ready for bed and announced, “Mom, Caio got hurt; needs see the doctor!” I smiled inside but put on a serious face for my baby boy while I looked at his stubbed toe. I didn’t think he liked his last doctor’s visit very much, but I think that after he saw me rush Marcio to get stitches in his hand recently that he just figures that is where you go when you get hurt. He requests a doctor visit frequently. The other thing he asks for are popsicles. He hit his mouth pretty hard within a day or two of this conversation and was crying pretty loudly. I rushed to grab a popsicle and had him eat it in the kitchen. Now he believes popsicles cure everything from a bonk on the head to a rug burn on his knee. LOL! He keeps me smiling.
On another happy note, he has successfully made magic on his royal throne twice. The first time was a bit of a pleasant shock at home (when I wasn’t even near the bathroom or expecting it—Marcio and I went pretty crazy--he informed me as soon as he was done washing his hands that he was now a big boy and wanted to wear underpants). The other time was in the middle of story time at the library a few days later. He came and told me he needed to go to the potty and then he actually used it. He is still working on it, but it is encouraging to see that he wants it and is leading the charge to get it in check.
Jordan is doing majorly cute things all the time, too. And I will get on soon to expound upon some of that. Suffice it to say that I love being a mom!
Ginger




3 comments:
LOL I should log more of what my kids say so I can remember them when they ask me what funny things they said as a kid. My kids think it's hilarious that my oldest boy called chickens, "chick-a-chi-cock-uhns."
Great!! Another potential super-hero in the family. Clearly, all those comics Marcio and I read growing up somehow imbued our genes (and those of our offspring) with the power to do great good! Just make sure to remind Caio that with great power comes great responsibility, and he will do great.
So fun! He's so cute! He sounds like such a big boy now! Wish we were near by!
Post a Comment