Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Want Choc-it, Honey!"

My poor baby boy has been becoming more and more sick with a cold. Last night he was up for most of the night (my poor husband taking care of him while i tended to baby girl). Today he slept and slept through the entire morning. I was getting so worried and feeling a little guilty for having such a good morning alone with my beautiful daughter.
Jordan finally went down for a nap somewhere between noon and 1 PM and I took the opportunity to try to wake Caio up. He rolled over grogily and I asked if he was hungry.
"I huuuuungy!" he responded sleepily.
"Do you want some food?" I asked.
His eyes didn't even open. "Want food." Then he rolled over and immediately went back to sleep.
I gave up and went into the kitchen to get some chores done. About five minutes later I heard little footsteps coming into the kitchen and a little voice saying, "Mommy?"
I turned around and smiled at my handsome, sick boy and put on my best excited voice, "Good morning! Did you sleep well?"
He didn't even miss a beat as he responded, "Want choc-it, Honey!" Meaning that he wanted chocolate milk. I laughed and was just relieved that he was finally awake.
He got a good breakfast and a glass of chocolate milk.
O... quick explaination: Usually he calls me Mommy and sometimes Mom, but he has begun to call me Honey from time to time under certain circumstances and I haven't quite picked up what those circumstances are.
Anyway. It is time for me to leave again.
Ginger

No comments: