Monday, June 12, 2006

Defending the Family

I am so inspired! I really encourage anybody reading this to take time and listen to this broadcast of a BYU education week. What an amazing talk! It takes less than an hour to listen to and is probably one of the best things I have spent an hour of my time on lately. It makes me want to take back everything I have ever thought or said about only having a few kids and it makes me feel sad about how many years I said disparaging things about marriage.
Families are so important! Of course they are! There are so many important things we learn from family relationships! There are so many things we gain from family units. After listening to this phenomenal talk I want to be a better wife and mother. I am totally refocussed on those things that really matter. Wow!
Notes on CJ:
He has started sucking his big toes, especially the one on his left foot. He used to try them once in a while and make funny faces as though they tasted bad (which they probably still do, but I guess the taste grew on him). He has also hit the talking really, really loud phase--especially when we are in public (like shopping). I heard him laughing so much while he played alone earlier today that I almost started crying just because it made me so happy to hear him being so happy. Sometimes I watch him and my heart aches to be the sole witness of every single moment of his life--good or bad. He kisses me all the time. He will kiss my lips or eyes or nose or neck... basically whatever he can get his mouth on before I can stop him (Marcio has become a recent target of Caio's kisses and doesn't appreciate them one bit).
Caio's absolute favorite place in the world is home and he is so much happier here than anywhere, although he does love company (especially other kids) and short drives and shorter visits at other people's homes.
I never knew being a mom could bring such joy, heart-ache, love and longing! This is by far the hardest thing I have ever embarked upon in my entire life, but WOW! what a trip! I am so glad I am doing this with my life. I love this baby more than air.

No comments: