Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tinkle-Tinkle

Jordan has been fascinated with the bathroom for a while, but lately she is almost obsessed with Caio’s ability to use the potty. Whenever Caio runs to the bathroom or has someone take him when we are out she says, “Caio! Potty! Caio! Potty!” over and over until he returns. The other day I was getting the kids ready for a bath and Caio hopped on to do his thing and Jordan got so excited that she was literally squealing with delight the entire time and trying to peer into the bowl to see what he was doing. I had to physically restrain her to protect his privacy, but I encouraged her enthusiasm as much as I could by talking about how Caio uses the potty because he is a big boy. She also asks from time to time to sit on the potty and is really happy when we let her do it, even though nothing happens… That is, until last night… :-D

Last night, Marcio was getting the kids ready for bed and took her diaper off to replace it with a fresh one when Jordan began to get up and said urgently, “Potty! Potty!” Marcio almost disregarded it, but decided that it wouldn’t hurt to just let her sit there for a minute. He took her in and placed her on her perch and waited. Suddenly something wonderful happened: my baby girl tinkled on the potty. I guess it was only a couple of droplets, but it still happened and she was VERY happy with herself. She came and announced her success to me and was so excited that she couldn’t stop laughing while I told her what a big girl she is. Caio was even happy for her. Don’t know how permanent this is yet, but I guess we will kind of watch and see. :-D

Ginger

No comments: