We were asked last week to speak in church today (Marcio and I). We have lived in this house for two years and this has been our ward for around a year, so they asked me to introduce our family. I have a tendency to be long winded, so I pulled out a snippet from my journal that I wrote for my kids and read that (I may or may not include this in a future post b/c it is kind of cute).
Well… we were asked to speak on the atonement and what it means to us, or something like that. I worked all week to try and write something, but I couldn’t get anything down. Finally, this morning, I gave up and left it in the Lord’s hands, taking only a few notes with me. By the time I was standing in front of the congregation, I felt like I would throw up. I have never felt that way before speaking in my life. I finally started speaking and threw it all out there. I felt better as I spoke and hoped that it came out with some sort of coherency for the congregation to follow. Then I finished and sat down. That is when I really felt better. A lot of people told me that I did a really good job. Then Marcio told me on the way home that it was really good until the end and then it kind of fizzled out. LOL! Well, maybe they won’t ask me again for a while.
Ginger




3 comments:
I feel the same way every time I have to speak or play. Good Job though!
It is kind of funny that the bishopric usually ask us to introduce ourselves after we have been around for kind while. But I think you probably did a great job. I wish I was there.
By the way, congrates for the anniversary. I hope you guys are having a great time.
I remember when Rigo got to speak at that ward on Christmas 2007... I think only one person liked his talk, but she thought it was given by Edward...
Post a Comment