Saturday, October 21, 2006

Great Day!

We had such a nice slow morning today! CJ crawled all over the bed pounding on our faces and running away and giggling over and over while Marcio and I talked about nothing and everything. Then we got up and did a few chores while Marcio worked on fixing a broken TV he picked up (one of his latest hobbies). All together, this was one of those really nice slow days that I love. And I really needed it--this week has been really hard, long and stressful.
Anyway. This afternoon we decided to head out for a drive with the intention of having a picknick at a park, but CJ fell asleep instead. We drove about 15 to 20 minutes away to a place we go fairly often and found a park that was right across the street that neither of us had ever noticed before. We got out of the car and walked around and found a huge stone amphitheater right in the middle of it all. There was a plaque that said it was built at the end of the Depression to provide government jobs. It was really, REALLY cool and we had a ton of fun exploring with baby boy.
We finished with just enough time to go shopping for a present for Marcio's brother and make it to the birthday party (his brother turns 17 on Mon. and we bought 4 EFY style cds and dvds (J. Bytheway and 2 others)). By the time we got home we were all a little burned out, I think.
I don't know what I am going to do about a costume for Caio. I want to make a dinosaur costume. My next door neighbor is willing to help, so hopefully it will be done soon. Wish me luck!

No comments: