Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Moving: Day 2

So... I missed half of my day today waiting for the milk man! Yesterday, in preparation for the upcoming move, I called to have my dairy service moved to my new home (yes, we have our milk delivered once a week because my husband wants to try the whole organic thing) and they said that it would be delivered there next week and here (for the last time) today. Anyway, today I went to get my milk and it wasn't there! I called to see what happened and they told me that they accidentally said I had already moved even though the computer had the note saying that I was moving at the end of this week. Then they told me that they would send someone over with our milk and juice right away. Well, 6 hours later they finally came by with my order. I missed our play group and a lot of packing time watching the door for my milk to show up. Well... At least it is really good milk and juice! I was very happy when it finally was here.

I also told my sister that I would watch her kids today. She wasn't going to ask me to, but I found out that she was going to go out of her way for someone else to watch them and I told her that I would be more than happy to help her out. But just before she left, her son, Collin, came in with a bleach pen in one hand and talking to his sisters and brother. He looked up and saw me looking at him and said (with a huge smile on his face), "This burns!" I was confused and said, "What burns?" "The pen," he said matter of factly. "You mean, the pen is burning your hand?" I said, feeling more and more panicky. "Yeah!" I just about freaked out! I said, "Collin, that's bleach!" "I know, it's a bleach pen." "There is a chemical in that pen that burns you when it touches you! Go wash your hands!" If he weren't so smart most of the time I would probably write something here like: "Cute as a button, but dumb as a rock!"
Good thing I love the kid! :-D

No comments: